sábado, abril 16, 2005

Post your secret here in the comments

«Last year, he [Frank Warren] created a series of postcards made from photographs of his left hand. He affixed antique stamps to the postcards, imprinted them with enigmatic phrases and inserted each one into a bottle.

Most of the bottles found their way into Clopper Lake in Seneca Creek State Park, near Warren's home. To engineer publicity for the project, he used false names and posed as a "finder/collector" of the bottles. When a Washington Post reporter came to his door in the fall, Warren said he couldn't speak about them.

Now Warren unveils what has been hidden. He is finished with the bottles and has embarked on a new project, which he calls PostSecret. Warren asks people to send him postcards with their secrets, offering anonymity and urging creativity. He displays a selection on his PostSecret Web site. One bears a drawing of the twin towers shrouded in smoke. "Everyone who knew me before 9/11 believes I'm dead," it says. Another is written in several colors: "I hate people who remind me of myself."

Here is one of Warren's secrets: "When I was in the Fourth Grade, a new kid moved into our neighborhood. He was a charismatic leader who quickly became popular. Soon after, he convinced two of my friends to pin me to the ground and hold open my eyelids. They took turns spitting into my eyes."»




PostSecret



(deixem aqui os vossos segredos... na caixinha dos comentários... com o vosso nome ou anonimamente)


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?